Saturday, November 04, 2006

Hairy chests and female penises

A few weeks ago I decided that I was tired of my extra fat and decided that I would enroll in a gym and lose it. Prior to that, I had gotten sick and commenced my road to weight loss and no one seem to notice or care. But since I’ve been at the gym, I’ve gained a little bit of more muscle on my arms and legs and I’m starting to look fit. So, random people who have seen me have started to ask me if I take any illegal supplements (steroids) in order to get the desired effect. Some have gone as far as to imply that I have an eating disorder and that I should see a psychologist.

How stupid is it that the moment you start losing weight or getting into shape, people automatically assume you have an eating disorder or you’re taking steroids? Is our society so messed up that anyone who seeks to maintain a healthy lifestyle will be automatically shunned and shoved into an abnormal category? Would you feel more comfortable if I decided to add to my fatty reserves? Stupidity, I tell you. I mean, I would understand it if I had a history of anorexia or if I have abused illegal substances before. I wouldn’t blame you for asking if you noticed my body hair was growing to disgusting lengths and all of a sudden I had to wear baggy pants in order to hide my newly acquired penis. But I’m not muscular, I’m not skinny and I’m not sick looking, so where does the evidence of these accusations lie? In stupidity.

I’m even going to help you out, and draw you a diagram. You may ask me if I’m taking steroids or if I have an eating disorder if I ever look like this:




With no basis for such an accusation, a comment like “Wow Jess, you’re thin you must be throwing up” makes you look stupid. “Wow, how did you know? Can you smell it in my breath?” How about I flip you off with the same finger I use to make myself gag? How about that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ew , lo peor es que como que .. te pareces y toh ... please no pongas otro foto asi .. it hurts

Gravekeeper said...

Jess, what's scary is that you're getting to that level depicted in the picture. I mean, your leg shouldn't be hard enough to smash diamonds, dude...